Here it is. My FINAL 2012 Mock Draft that will be submitted to the Huddle Report for mock draft scoring. Should be quite interesting as always!
1. Colts – Andrew Luck – QB – Stanford
Pick has already been announced. No surprises here.
2. Redskins – Robert Griffin III – QB – Baylor
The Redskins will take whichever QB the Colts won’t so that leaves them with RG3.
3. Vikings – Morris Claiborne – CB – LSU
Shocking pick but seems like Claiborne is the pick. Can’t say I agree, but at least Claiborne is higher on my board than Kalil.
4. Browns – Trent Richardson – RB – Alabama
Kalil is a strong option but they need playmakers. Richardson seems to be their guy all along.
5. Bucs – Luke Kuechly – LB – Boston College
Kalil might go to the Bucs as well but they seem to be content with their line and they have a lot of money tied up in some guys. Kuechly helps their terrible LB corp a lot.
6. Rams – Matt Kalil – OT – USC
The Rams want to add weapons but they can’t pass up Kalil especially since Jason Smith has been a bust and Saffold is a right tackle only.
7. Jaguars – Stephon Gilmore – CB – South Carolina
The Jaguars are very high on Gilmore and although they need to add some weapons this WR class is deep and they did bring in Laurent Robinson. They need help in the secondary and aren’t afraid of reaching.
8. Dolphins – Ryan Tannehill – QB – Texas A&M
Dolphins could go with Blackmon here but it’s been Tannehill all along and I’ll be surprised if they pass him up.
9. Panthers – Fletcher Cox – DT – Mississippi State
The Panthers should be happy that Cox is available to them at 9. Blackmon should also be considered here but they really like LaFell.
10. Bills – Cordy Glenn – OT – Georgia
While people have “reported” that Bills want a receiver, safety, or linebacker here, Buddy Nix himself said he wanted an offensive tackle. He doesn’t usually lie about his picks so I won’t by into the smoke. Glenn is preferred over Reiff because of his length.
11. Chiefs – Dontari Poe – DT – Memphis
The Chiefs could go in a number of directions here but they have gone on record saying they want to draft the best athlete. Early reports (before the smokescreens) stated they wanted a NT or an ILB. Kuechly is gone so Poe makes sense here.
12. Seahawks – Chandler Jones – DE – Syracuse
The Seahawks need a pass-rusher and Jones is flying up boards. They went a length end and Jones fits the bill. Seems like a good match.
13. Cardinals – Justin Blackmon – WR – Oklahoma State
The Cardinals are a team that drafts the best player on the board. While they do need offensive line help, you have to imagine that Blackmon is one of the top players on their board.
14. Cowboys – Mark Barron – S – Alabama
I like Barron, but the top 10 is too early for him. Perhaps teams are trying to drive up his value hoping a team like the Cowboys will trade up for him. They do like him an they have had a lot of contact with Alabama players.
15. Eagles – Quinton Coples – DE/DT – North Carolina
Everyone thinks this pick will be Cox or Brockers or Poe but I like Coples to the Eagles. He can play inside but can be moved around the line. Andy Reid will make sure to keep Coples motivated as well.
16. Jets – Melvin Ingram – OLB – South Carolina
The Jets have said all along that they want to add a blue chip pass-rusher. They’ve also shown a lot of interest in Melvin Ingram. I’m connecting the dots here.
17. Bengals – Michael Floyd – WR – Notre Dame
The Bengals said they wanted to go after defensive players but they can’t pass up Floyd here. The Bengals want to add a #2 receiver and Floyd would be great opposite of A.J. Green.
18. Chargers – Riley Reiff – OT – Iowa
The Chargers main need is a pass-rushing OLB, but they are very unpredictable. They already have 2 starters at OLB so they could be a team to surprise a bit on draft day. Reiff is a good value pick here and they do need to upgrade Clary.
19. Bears – Michael Brockers – DT – LSU
Brockers is said to be at the top of the Bears board and I can’t see him being gone by 19. If those reports are true, then he’ll be the pick if available.
20. Titans – David DeCastro – OG – Stanford
Steal of the draft? The Titans need to upgrade LeRoy Harris and get their running game on track to help Jake Locker.
21. Bengals – Courtney Upshaw – DE – Alabama
The Bengals apparently love Upshaw and some have even called this a lock. I’m not so sure but the Bengals would be getting their big defensive pick they want.
22. Browns – Brandon Weeden – QB – Oklahoma State
I think the Browns are very interested in Weeden. Weeden himself believes the Browns will draft him. They can’t risk him not being there in the early 2nd so they have to pull the trigger here.
23. Lions – Dre Kirkpatrick – CB – Alabama
Best player on the board for the Lions and also fills a pretty big need. Mayhew himself marijuana won’t take a player off their board. While Kirkpatrick was innocent it was still odd he mentioned it would have no effect on their draft.
24. Steelers – Dont’a Hightower – ILB – Alabama
This pick makes too much sense. Hightower can start right away and is the thumper type the Steelers love.
25. Broncos – Doug Martin – RB – Boise State
Defensive tackle is obviously a huge need but the top guys are off the board. Jerel Worthy and Devon Still are both 2nd rounders in my opinion. They could reach for them but they could also draft a RB for the future. Martin is a great back and has been linked to the Broncos.
26. Texans – Coby Fleener – TE – Houston
Fleener has been linked to the Texans and despite their needs I strongly believe they will go with either Fleener or a receiver here.
27. Patriots – Shea McClellin – DE/LB – Boise State
The Patriots need a pass-rusher and McClellin is scheme versatile. He seems like the perfect Patriots pick due to his versatility and attitude.
28. Packers – Josh Robinson – CB – Central Florida
My surprise 1st rounder but I do believe Josh Robinson can sneak in. He could be the best player on the board due to his elite athleticism and the Packers would be happy to land him.
29. Ravens – Peter Konz – OG – Wisconsin
The Ravens have been reportedly been very interested in Konz for quite some time. They believe he can fill the void left by Grubbs departure. He is also a great value pick at this point.
30. 49ers – Amini Silatolu – OG – Midwestern State
Silatolu is also a potential 1st rounder and he’s been linked to the 49ers. He should be the guard of the future and can replace Adam Snyder down the line.
31. (TRADE) Vikings from Patriots – Stephen Hill – WR – Georgia Tech
The Patriots love to trade and acquire more picks and I believe they will do so again this year. The Vikings want a wide receiver and they have met with Stephen Hill. He’s a freak athlete who I think ultimately lands in the 1st.
32. Giants – Bobby Massie – OT – Ole Miss
The Giants are another team that likes to draft the best player on the board. Massie has gotten some 1st round buzz and the Giants are among one of his potential landing spots. Jonathan Martin could be the pick here but his stock seems to be falling.